NEWS: Voices For Climate Action – Tunisia call for proposals
The Voices for Climate Action (VCA) programme is a lobby and advocacy programme being implemented by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Netherlands, SouthSouthNorth (SSN), Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA), Slum Dwellers International (SDI), Fundación Avina and Hivos under the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ five-year strategic partnership: “Power of Voices”. The alliance is seeking applications from Tunisian organisations working in climate change adaptation and advocacy.
The Voices for Climate Action (VCA) programme aims to ensure that by 2025, local civil society and underrepresented groups will have taken on a central role as creators, facilitators and advocates of innovative and inclusive climate solutions. The overall approach of the programme is to work with civil society to build widespread societal support for locally shaped climate solutions through an inclusive and rights-based approach. This includes building a broad-based climate alliance at country level, bridging divides (urban-rural, gender, youth) that amplifies voices in new unusual ways. In addition, it will influence national and global policies and financial flows (e.g. climate finance, private sector investments) in support of these locally shaped solutions.
Voices for Climate Action in Tunisia
This programme is being implemented in Tunisia by consortium members AMwA, Hivos, SSN and WWF. We are seeking partners for the programme to join forces with us to amplify and strengthen voices for the achievement of the programme goals, with strategies focused around any of the main interventions as outlined above.
Call for proposals
The alliance welcomes proposals from partners working in climate change adaptation and advocacy, especially with a focus on women, youth, urban poor, rural communities, and marginalised groups. Partners will support the creation of multi-stakeholder platforms to co-create, document and advocate for local solutions, linking and strengthening existing social and grassroots movements around climate action, Public-Private-Community-Partnerships (PPCs) such as informal social audits by bringing the community, particularly those most vulnerable, and duty bearers together on issues of climate change to influence policy.
The alliance encourages applications from coalitions of local civil society actors (including formal and informal CSOs, CBOs, FBOs, grassroots organisations, local climate action champions etc), classic and alternative medias. Coalitions should include unusual groups and bridge divides (national-local, urban-rural, gender, youth), to amplify the voices for just climate action especially in relation to the following outcomes:
- A strengthened and inclusive civic space is equipped and empowered to influence decision-making and co-create climate solutions
- Knowledge systems are in place and decision-makers are better informed through amplified storytelling and an enabled civic space to represent vulnerable groups in influencing agenda setting
- A joint roadmap is established to lobby and advocate on policies and financial flows on natural resources essential to livelihoods
The alliance is seeking interested groups to apply to one of the three following grants:
- Climate grant: for an organisation or coalition (two or more organisations)
- Campaign/movement grant for coalition (two or more organisations): the coalition could be a legally registered entity and or hosted by a legal entity (non-profit local organisation)
- Media fellowship or storytelling grant: for an organisation or coalition (two or more organisations)
The full ToR for this call is available to download here.
Application deadline: 18 July, 2021, 17:00 (Central African Time)
For further information, questions or clarifications, please contact email@example.com
Photo: Agriculture project in Tunisia. Courtesy of Marcel Crozet, ILO.