PROJECT: Subnational climate compatible development – Learning from CDKN’s experience Phase II
Project Reference: AAGL-0030b
Following a highly successful first phase of the subnational learning programme, CDKN and ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability) partnered for a second phase, running from early 2015 until 2017. It presented an excellent opportunity to build on and enhance the learnings achieved in the first phase of the partnership.
Phase II drew out learning from our experience that can be turned into recommendations for decision-makers on how to move from planning to implementation of climate compatible development policies – with a spotlight on activities and experiences in cities, provinces and states in Latin America, the Caribbean, and South and Southeast Asia.
The expected benefits from this learning programme will be:
- Documented evidence of best policies and practices on moving from climate compatible development planning to implementation which can be used, for example, to inform policy-making or capacity-building and training efforts.
- A better understanding of the barriers and enabling factors for the implementation of climate compatible development strategies and plans.
- Access for participants to ICLEI’s international membership of city officials and to their urban resilience experts.
- A way to match up CDKN project partners with each other – across borders – to exchange experiences and innovations on climate compatible development ; a chance to build lasting relationships for peer exchange and professional development.
- Guidance for project developers and implementers on how to best shape and their city and local level climate compatible development projects for the highest chances of success.