PROJECT: Climate proofing the Sandy Bay water service improvement project, St. Vincent
Also posted in Spanish
Project Reference: TALA-0042
The purpose of this project was to:
- Increase the mobilisation of resources towards water infrastructure projects that increase climate resilience. By providing guidance, capacity building, recommendations and technical support to the Central Water and Sewerage Authority in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, this project has assisted them in applying for funding for a climate proofed Sandy Bay water service improvement project.
- Demonstrate a compelling case for changing the “business as usual” model for investment in water security projects by analysing the costs and benefits of climate proofing water sector infrastructure investments.
- Increase knowledge and understanding in the region about climate-proofing of investments by sharing the results and lessons learned with key stakeholders, as well as integrating them into a proposed regional training programme for water operators on climate resilience. This includes integrating knowledge from the project into Central Water and Sewerage Authority decision making processes.
- Presentation: Climate proofing the Sandy Bay water service improvement project, St. Vincent – Identifying and appraising the costs and benefits of building the climate resilience of a specific water supply system.
- Presentation: Climate Proofing the Sandy Bay water service improvement project, St. Vincent – Identifying and attracting potential climate funds for building the climate resilience of a specific water supply system.
Suppliers: HR Wallingford Ltd
Partners: George Woolhouse, Darren Lumbroso, Chris Counsell, Olivia Palin, Virginie Fayolle, Donniel Cain, Raphaelle Eudovique, Camille Roopnarine, Nigel Walmsley and John Firth
CDKN funding: £140,000