FILM: Climate compatible development – voices for change
CDKN is pleased to share its new film, in association with OneWorld Productions: Climate compatible development: voices for change.
Members of CDKN’s global team provide expert opinion from around the world on the progress being made toward climate compatible development on a daily basis. They talk about the key objectives of climate compatible development: to provide jobs, improve access to healthcare and education while addressing climate related impacts and improving climate resilience and low carbon development for the future.
Each of CDKN’s focus countries present unique challenges and opportunities for climate compatible development. Hear our global team discuss the initiatives in place to overcome these challenges in their respective countries and regions.
In addition to the documentary film Climate compatible development: voices for change, you can also visit these individual interviews with CDKN’s country advisors:
- Mochamad Indrawan, CDKN Indonesia: Mochamad discusses the recent progress that has been made in Indonesia, as well as the difficulties in implementing climate compatible development policies.
- Sam Bickersteth, Chief Executive of CDKN: Sam speaks on the future of CDKN and what it can offer developing countries in terms of its network of knowledge, experience and comparative learning.
- Dr. Revocatus Twinomuhangi, CDKN Uganda: watch as Dr. Revocatus talks about Uganda’s changing climate and how the threats of persistent drought, flooding and landslides are impacting on the livelihoods of Ugandans.
- Ram Chandra Khanal, CDKN Nepal: Ram talks about the impact of climate change in Nepal, focussing on the agriculture and public health sectors, as well as the government policies underway to improve climate change resilience on both a national and a community level.
- Claudia Martinez Zuleta, CDKN Colombia: Claudia speaks on Colombia’s vulnerability to climate change and the opportunities for climate compatible development.
- Maria Paz Cigaran, CDKN (Partner) Peru: Maria discusses the far-reaching impacts of glacier retreat, opportunities for low-carbon development and CDKN’s role in developing new ideas and implementing them.
- Mihir Bhatt, CDKN India: Mihir discusses how India is improving its resilience to climate and how CDKN is supporting this process.
To hear the global team discuss the disproportionate effects of climate change on women and the necessity to include a gender dimension in the planning process of climate compatible development, see this video: The gender dimension to climate compatible development.