PROJECT: Communicating climate compatible development to the Kenyan private sector
Project Reference: TAAF-0040b
This project aimed to inform the Kenyan private sector of CCD through high-profile events and knowledge products, and to develop KEPSA as a platform on which the private sector and Kenyan government can engage each other on climate change related issues.
- Reviewed existing tools and frameworks used by private sector organisations to assess potential impact of climate change on their business and identify appropriate recommendations;
- Identified key messages and mediums of communication to inform the private sector of the opportunities and challenges of CCD;
- Researched, designed and produced knowledge products;
- Disseminated knowledge products through KEPSA events;
- Built capacity of journalists associated with major Kenyan newspapers to report climate change;
- Developed a strategy to strengthen KEPSA as a platform for the private sector to engage the government on CCD.
Knowledge products included brochures, sectoral briefs, case studies, newsletters, a webpage and presentations. These products were disseminated through business breakfasts, press briefings, and eblasts.
This project was executed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development and ClimateCare Limited, and complemented other CDKN-supported projects such as the development of the National Climate Change Action Plan and a Carbon Reduction, Resources and Opportunities Toolkit for the Kenyan flower sector.
Read the findings from the project:
‘Climate Change and Your Business’ briefing note series:
Funding: £83 195
Timeframe: 2 years, April 2013 – April 2015