NEWS: Apply now for the NDC Financing Fellowship Programme
The NDC Financing Fellowship Programme, with the support of the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), aims to train exceptional individuals with a background in research and policy in order to enhance their capacity and potential to be leaders in the NDC financing field.
The Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and the African Research Impact Network (ARIN) are pleased to announce that the 12-month bilingual NDC Financing Fellowship Programme (NDC – FFP) is now open for applications for policymakers and researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
This training will take place in the form of a capacity-building programme and will accommodate 100 (2 cohorts of 50) exceptional individuals from Sub-Saharan Africa. This programme will be bilingual and cater to English and French speaking individuals. These individuals will be the people who will drive the preparation and implementation of NDCs in the respective countries and in turn enhance their leadership skills.
As part of the programme, the selected individuals will:
- Take part in a web-based course for six months
- Attend different leadership academies in Frankfurt, Germany and Nairobi, Kenya
- Meet and exchange with policy experts and researchers working in the NDC financing field
- Attend back-to-back NDC policy workshops during the NDC Partnership annual conference or the intersessional climate negotiations
NDCs are the embodiment of each country’s efforts in addressing climate change and they are the core of achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement. This programme will allow the selected individuals the opportunity to learn and enhance their knowledge and skills on NDC financing. The programme also aims to empower these individuals to learn more about the different ways to finance the commitments countries have submitted as their NDCs.
- Are you working in a policy-related field or a researcher in climate/NDC finance and/or development?
- Would you like to enhance your knowledge in NDC financing and assume responsibility within a global network of researchers and professionals in this field?
- Are you a highly motivated individual from a Sub-Saharan African country?
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply for this prestigious opportunity by sending your full application before the deadline.
Application deadline: 31st July 2020 (11:59 pm CET)
If you would like to receive more information about the NDC-FFP, please visit ndcfinance.fs.de or contact: Mr. Jonas Hernán Fleer (firstname.lastname@example.org ) / Tel.: +49 (0) 69 154008-801
Image: IDRC Fellowship Programmes, courtesy Frankfurt School