EVENT: Can your business provide climate solutions in emerging markets?
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) and the Aldersgate Group invite you to discuss climate related business opportunities in developing countries. The event will assess partnerships between businesses leading on climate change with businesses in developing countries.
The event will explore needs, opportunities and barriers for private sector expansion in emerging markets. A panel debate will encourage audience participation with interactive voting technology, followed by roundtable discussions. This will be particularly relevant for businesses that work with international suppliers or are looking to expand in, and export to, emerging markets.
The discussion will inform the launch of a new CDKN competition, offering funding for business partnerships (for which businesses can apply in due course).
9.00am – 12.00pm, 19th March
(tea & coffee served from 8.15am; lunch at 12.00pm)
PwC, 7 More London, London Bridge, London, SE1 2RT
- Sam Bickersteth, CDKN, CEO
- Jon Williams, PwC, Partner
- Nasreen Rashid, insurance industry in Pakistan
- Peter Curley, The Climate Group
- Other speakers representing agriculture and energy will join the panel.
The event will discuss:
- CDKN’s learning to date about business opportunities on climate change in developing countries
- The nature and scale of these business opportunities and the barriers to realising them
- The implications for aid, trade and climate policies
- How businesses leading on climate change can support businesses in developing countries to:
- create or break into new markets
- roll out new products & services which benefit the climate and development
- create new jobs
A report from the Aldersgate Group and CDKN will be produced following the event, to summarise opportunities and challenges. To RSVP for this free event, please register your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This event will be photographed and videoed.