Amazonia Security Agenda – Phase II
Also posted in Spanish
Project Reference: TALA-0041
This project will bring a water-energy-food (WEF) ‘nexus approach’ to analyse trade-offs across sectors and scales of governance; working closely with the national governments of Brazil, Colombia, and Peru to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased understanding and awareness by the identified national government of policy gaps and governance challenges in managing WEF resource trade-offs in this part of Amazonia;
- Increased commitment by national governments to proactively manage and optimise WEF resource trade-offs in Amazonia through the improved coordination of their development and climate adaptation plans; and
- Increased awareness by selected national governments of the role of the private sector in impacting WEF resource trade-offs and opportunities to improve their engagement and involvement.
The project will be carried out in six months. Within this time period the following activities or outputs will be delivered:
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- A report for Brazil, Colombia, and Peru analysing policy coherence, integration and coordination at multiple scales for managing WEF resources in Amazonia under climate change.
- A case study on corporate sector behavior and expansion under different governance contexts in Amazonia and the opportunities for better managing future WEF trade-offs.
Time Frame: October 2015 – March 2016
Project Manager: Michelle Leppert