EVENT: Innovation and Collaboration for Transforming Knowledge into Climate Action
Are you drowning in the flood of climate information that’s now available? Access to reliable, timely and relevant information is clearly crucial to those making choices that will affect, or be affected by, climate change. Yet despite efforts to close climate knowledge gaps over the past two decades, we are still a long way from where we need to be. Indeed, we have overshot the mark – instead of having to act on the basis of merely incomplete climate information, we are now faced with far more information than we can handle.
The Climate Knowledge Brokers (CKB) Group is working to address these challenges. Our vision is to create a smart “climate knowledge grid” that will improve and streamline information and data sharing. By working together we are seeking to connect the vast wealth of information that is available online, and guide users to what is most relevant to them – in doing so helping to transform knowledge into climate action.
This side event will showcase recent breakthroughs that have been made in laying the foundations for this knowledge grid, and demonstrate how collaborative working is helping organisations optimize their knowledge resources and websites, avoid duplication, and link with others to make content easier to find.
We invite you to stop by to learn more about the CKB Group, find out how you can ‘plug in’ to the climate knowledge grid, and discuss and debate our roadmap toward the knowledge grid with a panel of experienced knowledge brokers.
- Geoff Barnard – Climate and Development Knowledge Network (Chair)
- Martin Hiller – Director General, REEEP – Climate Tagger
- Jukka Uosukainen – Director, Climate Technology Centre & Network – CTCN Knowledge Portal
- Kiran Pandey – Centre for Science and Environment – India Environment Portal
- Jane Ebinger – Manager, Climate Change Policy, World Bank – Climate Smart Planning Platform
- Date and Time: Monday, December 1st, 2014, 16:45—18:15
- Room at side event venue: Machu-Picchu
- Attendees may need to present official accreditation to COP20/CMP10
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- Institute for Development Studies (IDS)