Situational analysis of food sovereignty in the context of adaptation to climate change in Ecuador
The document seeks to identify effective investment strategies in reducing the vulnerability of major crops for the Ecuadorian economy, the same as are set in the Basic Food Basket, so that the country can, on one hand, reduce risks and, on the other, invest efficiently in sustainable development.
This document was produced under the Strengthening Negotiations under the framework of the Bali Road Map Project, and includes the following sections:
1. Why food safety is a key sector for the country
2. Description of the food security sector
3. Proposed adaptation measures for the food sovereignty sector
4. Key issues for assessing investment and financial flows to address climate change adaptation
5. Methodology for assessing investment and financial flows
The original document is in Spanish.