PROVIA Guidance on Assessing Vulnerability, Impacts and Adaptation to Climate Change
This document is generally targeted at professionals, such as researchers, consultants, policy analysts and sectoral planners who have some prior knowledge on climate risk assessment and adaptation. It responds to the challenge of providing clear technical guidance that combines robust science with explicit consideration of user needs at local, national and international levels. It updates existing guidance for assessing climate change vulnerability, impacts and adaptation, covering the range of available approaches, methods and tools.
The guidance is structured along a five-stage iterative adaptation learning cycle:
1) Identifying adaptation needs
2) Identifying adaptation options
3) Appraising adaptation options
4) Planning and implementing adaptation actions
5) Monitoring and evaluation of adaptation