INFOGRAPHIC: Making informed decisions to prepare for extreme weather events (individual graphics)
The Raising Risk Awareness initiative brings together scientists, vulnerability experts and knowledge brokers to understand the role of climate change in extreme weather events to help prepare for future ones. This resource presents individual graphics that help explain the Raising Risk Awareness initiative and the importance of extreme weather attribution.
It allows scientists to make quantitative statements about how climate change has altered the risk of extreme weather events occurring. This can help decision-makers and the public to prioritise adaptation solutions and reduce vulnerability; this infographic sets out why attributing extreme weather events is critical and how the process works.
Download the individual graphics here:
- Graphic 1: Extreme weather event
- Graphic 2: Disaster response and relief
- Graphic 3: How do we build back better?
- Graphic 4: Analysing the exposure and vulnerability context
- Graphic 5: Determining the influence of climate change
- Graphic 6: Is the past a good indicator of the future?
- Graphic 7: Better decisions
- Graphic 8: Experts communicate message
For more information:
- Download the full infographic: Making informed decisions to prepare for extreme weather events
- Read more about the Raising Risk Awareness initiative here.
- Visit the microsite here.