Research project case studies
To highlight the quality and variety of CDKN’s research portfolio the research team have created a series of two-page summaries, featuring a cross section of CDKN’s research projects.
These case studies exemplify the range of themes and approaches taken by CDKN’s funded research projects, and provide some insights into how these projects are achieving policy impact, building capacity and driving thinking on their respective subject areas.
These projects are only a selection of the research projects that CDKN is funding. You can see a full list of CDKN’s research projects here.
- Forecast-based humanitarian decisions: designing tools and processes to link knowledge with action, led by Red Cross / Red Crescent Climate Centre, Netherlands
- Africa Climate Change Resilience Alliance (ACCRA): Helping policy-makers understand rural adaptation, led by ACCRA/ Oxfam
- Assessing institutional and governance partnerships for climate compatible development in post conflict societies, led by Leeds University, UK
- Pro-poor, low carbon development: improving low-carbon energy access and development benefits in LDCs, led by the University of Sussex, UK
- Africa regional research call, managed by START Africa
- Modelling the implications of socio-economic development of mitigation actions by developing countries, led by Energy Research Centre, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Gender and state climate change action plans in India: research and policies to enable poor women and rural communities adapt to climate change, led by Alternative Futures, India
- Adaptation policy options and interventions for climate change induced displaced people of Bangladesh, Sussex University, UK
- Sheltering from a gathering storm, led by ISET International, USA
- South east Asia regional research call, managed by SEI-Sumernet
- South Asia regional research call, managed by START Asia
- Achieving triple wins: identifying climate smart investment strategies for the coastal zone, Geography Department, led by University of Southampton, UK
- iCoast: Understanding the fiscal regulatory mechanisms necessary to achieve climate compatible development in the coastal zone, led by Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Climate resilience and food security in central America, led by International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), Canada
- Payments for environmental services as a driver of CCD: what works and why? led by Rare Conservation Latin America, Mexico
- Global islands’ vulnerability research, adaptation, policy and development (GIVRAPD), led by The CARIBSAVE Partnership / INTASAVE, Barbados
- CARIbbean Weather Impact Group – supporting risk based decision making, led by the University of Newcastle, UK
A single document containing all 17 of these case study projects is available here.