OPPORTUNITY: Work for CDKN – Project administrator post now open
Join the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), based at Overseas Development Institute, London, as:
CDKN Project Administrator
Contract: Fixed-term – until 30 June 2017
Salary: £21, 824 to £27,600 per annum
ODI is the UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) is a flagship programme designed to help decision-makers in developing countries tackle climate change. It provides high-quality research, cutting-edge technical assistance and knowledge and partnership services to developing countries.
Working in partnership with decision-makers in the public, private and non-governmental sectors nationally, regionally, and globally, CDKN is managed by an alliance of organisations led by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC), and includes the Overseas Development Institute (ODI), Lead Pakistan, SouthSouthNorth (SSN), and Fundacion Futuro Latinamericano (FFLA). Within the broad scope of climate compatible development, CDKN works across four strategic themes:
- Climate compatible development strategies and plans;
- Improving developing countries’ access to climate finance;
- Strengthening resilience through climate-related disaster risk management;
- Supporting climate negotiators from the least developed and most vulnerable countries.
We are looking for an assistant to support the work of CDKN’s Programme Manager and Knowledge Management team, and the LEDS GP’s Director and Project Manager.
The successful candidate will work closely with the LEDS GP Director and LEDS GP Project Manager, and CDKN Global Communications Manager, all based at ODI, to provide support to the timely and accurate financial management, administration and coordination of the programmes.
Your responsibilities will include administration and expenditure tracking of knowledge management and communication projects, and administrative and logistical support to CDKN, including: distribution of our publications; logistical support to events; managing CDKN’s newsletter subscribers list and, working closely with a distribution company.
You will have:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Education to degree level
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of budget monitoring
- Experience providing support in a project environment
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivation
- Outstanding people skills and a friendly outgoing personality
- Advanced IT skills to include excel, PowerPoint, Word, databases, email
- Ability to learn to use new software quickly
- Data management skills
- Multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent written English (to be tested as part of the applications process)
- Foreign language skills (particularly Spanish and/or French)
- Experience reporting to donors
- Interest in international development
- Willingness to travel abroad
Closing date: 2 October 2016
Interview date: TBC
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 /0351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248
Image: members of the CDKN team