CDKN aims to change policies and programmes in developing countries to integrate and mainstream climate compatible development. We also support the global and regional processes addressing climate vulnerability and low carbon development. The ultimate aim is that our interventions reduce climate-related vulnerability and support pro-poor wealth generation.
Knowledge sharing is a core function. As well as CDKN producing high quality outputs of its own, we also facilitating dialogue and knowledge sharing among other organisations and individuals active in the climate and development field.
Knowledge Management and Communication
CDKN’s KM&C strategy has three interlinked objectives:
- To maximise the impact of the CDKN by helping build its reputation as a trusted source and partner, and by ensuring that the outputs of research, technical assistance and partnerships work are well targeted and well communicated.
- To improve availability of reliable and accessible climate and development knowledge more broadly, particularly among developing country decision-makers and those who engage in and influence policy processes at country level.
- Ultimately, to contribute to change – through the design and delivery of climate compatible development strategies.
CDKN employs a range of tools and approaches to achieve these aims. CDKN’s website is one of such tool and is central to the strategy. Over its first two and half years, CDKN has built a good user-base and this continues to expand.
CDKN is seeking an experienced Technical Partner to host and provide on-going technical support for the CDKN website, which uses the WordPress platform. There will be three main strands to this work: hosting, maintenance and more ad-hoc development work.
In order to express an interest in this opportunity, please complete the following 2 steps:
Send an email to the CDKN Procurement team including the following information:
- Subject line: Expression of interest: CDKN website KMGL-0047b
- Organisation/company name
- A sentence confirming your interest in bidding for the work
- The name of any partner organisations you anticipate that you will work with
- A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to send further information to regarding bidding
Your nominated contact(s) will receive an email from the CDKN Procurement team on the 23 January 2013 that will include an Invitation to Tender document, a Non Disclosure Agreement, a copy of CDKN’s Expense Policy and the CDKN Terms and Conditions. Complete the documents where relevant and submit these to the CDKN Procurement team (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline stated below.
The deadline for the Invitation to Tender documents [including the signed Non-Disclosure Agreement] is 17:00 GMT 8 February 2013.
Answers to clarification questions received before 17:00 UK time on 1 February 2013.
Please note that successful bidders may be asked to attend an interview on the 15th February 2013 subject to CDKN Project Management approval.