OPPORTUNITY: Job advert – CDKN Director of Policy and Programmes
CLIMATE AND DEVELOPMENT KNOWLEDGE NETWORK:
DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROGRAMMES
Contract: Fixed-term until March 2015
Salary: Competitive based on skills and experience
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) supports developing country decision-makers to design and deliver climate compatible development. It does this by combining research, advisory services and knowledge-sharing in support of locally owned and managed policy processes. CDKN collaborates with decision-makers in the public, private and non-governmental sectors at national, regional and global levels through an alliance of partner organisations in London, Asia, Latin America and Africa. CDKN aims to become a global focal point for research, advice and understanding of the interface between climate change and human development.
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is a key member of CDKN. ODI aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty. It does this by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice, working with partners in the public and private sectors in both developing and developed countries.
About the job:
This is a senior post based at ODI, London, with CDKN. You will work with CDKN’s alliance partners and Chief Executive to drive forward CDKN’s strategy and global programme of policy engagement, research and knowledge management. This will focus on CDKN’s three global work streams on climate compatible development planning, climate finance and climate-related disaster risk management. In particular, you will provide quality control and advice across CDKN’s engagements, enhance its external representation and shape CDKN’s knowledge management and research portfolios. You will manage in-house and out-sourced resources, whilst linking with country-based technical assistance projects.
You will have:
- a degree and post-graduate qualification in a discipline relevant to climate change and international development
- a high degree of professional competence in climate compatible development, attested by publication and extensive professional experience
- experience in analysis and application of new knowledge for policy-makers
- demonstrated capacity to manage staff and budgets in professional advisory services
- demonstrated capacity to work productively in a matrix management structure
- experience in external relationship management and representation, including at international meetings, conferences and seminars
- experience in building professional communities of practice
- experience of communicating across a variety of platforms and media.
Closing date: 6th January 2012
For more information, please download the Application Pack. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 0351 or email email@example.com