OPPORTUNITY: Invitation to tender – Support for Nepal’s strategic engagement with the UNFCCC
CDKN invites applications from interested organisations to carry out a negotiation support project with the Government of Nepal.
CDKN is providing support to the Government of Nepal to implement its 2011 Climate Change Policy. The Government of Nepal has requested support to identify and access international sources of finance to fund their priority programmes and projects. This requires more effective and strategic engagement by Nepal in the UNFCCC negotiations.
The Government of Nepal has identified key areas where support is required to strengthen their capacity to engage with the UNFCC:
• Coordination among relevant Ministries and stakeholders in the preparation and follow-up to the UNFCCC negotiations;
• Strengthened capacity of the delegation to participate in an informed and effective manner;
• Communication and coordination among delegations with a shared interest in the UNFCCC negotiations.
CDKN is seeking suppliers to work primarily with the Ministry of Environment to support them in these areas. This 15-18 month contract includes, but is not limited to, the following components:
Coordination, Planning and Participation:
• Support to the Government of Nepal to convene meetings of relevant Ministries and stakeholders for coordination and communication on matters relating to the UNFCCC negotiations.
• Support to the Government of Nepal to convene a side-event at COP17 and COP18 to bring together a group of like-minded Governments who have similar needs and a shared interest in the UNFCCC to initiate communication, coordination and collaboration both at the negotiations and beyond.
• Strengthening the capacity of the delegation of Nepal with the addition of 3-5 members to both the COP17 and 18 delegations.
• Production of Policy Briefs on the key issues for Nepal within the UNFCCC and/or on issues where the UNFCCC has requested further information from delegates
• Production of Background Notes as inputs and outputs of the internal coordination meetings
• Production of a newsletter prior to and following COP 17 and COP 18 to raise awareness among the relevant Ministries, stakeholders and the general public on Nepal’s engagement with the UNFCCC
In order to receive bidder documents, please kindly send an email to the CDKN Procurement team (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
The email should include the following information:
• Subject line: Request for Tender Documents – Nepal’s Strategic Engagement with the UNFCCC
• Organisation/company name.
• A sentence confirming your interest in receiving the tender documentation for this project.
• A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to send further information to regarding bidding.
The deadline for submission of tenders is 17.00 GMT on Wednesday 19 October 2011. The evaluation process will begin the following day.