OPPORTUNITY: CDKN South Asia Research Call – call for proposals for a managing partner
CDKN Research programme’s guiding principle is to design high-quality research that is both demand-led and bridges knowledge gaps in climate and development. To this end, research calls of global and regional breadth are designed by CDKN where there is a clear need for detailed groundbreaking research, based on clearly identified demand. These calls are designed to attract and fund competitive, demand-led research that address questions of regional and global priority and inform the design of local climate compatible policies and programmes in target regions. An additional objective of the regional research calls is to enhance the research capacity of regional researchers, both in technical research design, as well as improving the dissemination of research results to policy-makers and uptake.
Having identified a strong need and demand for such support in South Asia, CDKN is issuing a £500,000 long-term research call on climate change and development in the region (including Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). South Asia’s complex and inter-related adaptation, mitigation and development challenges, coupled with uneven research capacity across the region and low R&D investment trends, make the region an important candidate for regional climate compatible development research assistance and capacity building.
We invite you, either as individual organisations or in partnership with others, to tender for the position of managing partner for the delivery of this project. In brief, this includes:
- Design of the research call
- Running a competitive call for proposals in line with the communication strategy and managing the application process
- Organising and convening a peer review panel for a transparent, credible, and professional proposal selection process following good practice guidance from the UK research council ESRC.
- Designing and implementing a capacity building strategy for regional research partners.
- Designing and implementing a knowledge sharing/communication strategy for disseminating and publicising research results
- Publication of research reports and the delivery of at least one policy brief and one peer-reviewed journal article from each research project.
- Overall research project management
The work will be commissioned through an open tender process and funded by CDKN. If you are interested in tendering, please contact CDKN Procurement who will distribute the tender documents. We hope to appoint the managing partner by mid-September 2011.
In order to receive bidder documents, kindly send an email as soon as possible to the CDKN Procurement Team(email@example.com).
The email should include the following information:
- Subject line: Request for Tender Documents – South Asia Research Call
- Organisation/company name.
- A sentence confirming your interest in receiving the tender documentation.
- A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to for CDKN to contact regarding bidding.
The deadline for full submission of proposals is 17.00 UK Time on Monday 05 September 2011. The evaluation process will begin the following week.