OPPORTUNITY: Call for Expressions of Interest – CDKN tracer studies to follow Action Lab
Invitation to Express Interest:
Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) Tracer Studies to follow Action Lab
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network supports decision-makers in designing and delivering climate compatible development. We do this by combining research, advisory services and knowledge management in support of locally owned and managed policy processes. We work in partnership with decision-makers in the public, private and non-governmental sectors nationally, regionally and globally. We hold strongly to the ideals of human development and environmental sustainability
The CDKN Action Lab is a cutting-edge, action-orientated programme, focused on celebrating and stimulating innovation at the intersection of climate change and development. In April 2011 the first Lab was held in Oxford, bringing together a dynamic group of 150 experts drawn from academia, government, civil society, NGOs, donors, and private sector from around the world.
Themes explored during the Lab included:
- Building governance & policy approaches for climate compatible development
- Forging public-private and/or multi-sectoral partnerships
- Engineering climate finance & market mechanisms
- Enabling technological and/or social innovation
- Using science and evidence to inform development policy and practice
As part of CDKN’s impact assessment process we are planning to set up a number of tracer studies in order to track and record changes for specific target groups in connection with CDKN’s efforts. The Action Lab will be the first project against which a tracer study will be undertaken.
We invite you, either as individual consultants, individual organisations, or in partnership with others, to express interest in delivering this piece of work. In brief, the scope includes:
- Submitting the design of the tracer study methodology
- Gathering, recording and analysing data from four target groups (based in different continents) three times at six monthly intervals starting in October 2011
- Present a final report and presentation, which includes analysis, conclusion, and recommendations by December 2012
The work will be commissioned through a restricted tender process and will be funded by CDKN. If you are interested in tendering, please express interest and you will receive the tender documents. We aim to have the supplier contracted by mid September 2011 and as such this will be a rapid tendering process.
The email should include the following information:
Subject line: Expression of Interest — Tracer Study to follow CDKN Action Lab
- Organisation/company name
- A sentence confirming your interest in bidding for the work
- The name of any partner organisations you anticipate that you will work with
- A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to send further information to regarding bidding
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is 12:00 GMT on Monday 15th August 2011. Tender documents will be sent out the following day. Your suggestions for other organisations that you believe should be invited to tender for this work are also welcome. Please send any suggestions to the contacts above.