OPPORTUNITY: Call for Expressions of Interest – Building understanding of climate change and development through the media
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) aims to help decision-makers in developing countries design and deliver climate compatible development. CDKN does this by providing demand-led research and technical assistance, and channelling the best available knowledge on climate change and development to support policy processes at the country level.
We see the media as an important player in these processes. The mass media reach broader audiences, shaping public debates and norms around environment and development issues. By having such reach and influence, the media is critical in creating a supportive context for visionary policies that integrate climate change and development, and for their implementation.
CDKN wishes to commission a number of sets of written and/or audio content each from several media agencies or media channels with international reach, to provide ongoing coverage on a wide range of climate change and development issues. We invite you to express your interest in delivering this project. In brief, this includes:
- delivering high-quality journalistic articles or audio (radio) content that communicates difficult-to-write or underreported stories around climate change and development issues
- Disseminating the articles widely through a variety of different media, using suppliers’ networks and those provided by CDKN
- Evaluating the uptake and impact of the content through evidence reports
The work will be commissioned through a restricted tender process and funded by CDKN. If you are interested in tendering, please express interest and you will receive the tender documents. We hope to appoint the contractor by mid-October 2011.
The email should include the following information:
- Subject line: Expression of interest: Media content project
- Organisation/company name.
- A sentence confirming your interest in bidding for the work.
- The name of any partner organisations you anticipate that you will work with.
- A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to send further information to regarding bidding.
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is 12.00 noon GMT on 26th August. Tender documents will be sent out the following week.
Your suggestions for other organisations that you believe should be invited to tender for this work are also welcome. Please send any suggestions to the contacts above.