OPPORTUNITY: Technical Assistance to the Government of Punjab for planning climate compatible reconstruction and development – Call for Expression of Interest
In 2010, the Punjab province was affected by catastrophic floods. Since then the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) has been managing the post disaster reconstruction activity which includes the development of model villages and reconstruction of schools, houses, and health centres destroyed by the floods. The Climate & Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) are commissioning a piece of work to assess the integration of climate compatibility considerations into model village designs and also to prepare guidance on mainstreaming climate compatibility mechanisms into the general reconstruction processes.
We invite you, either as individual organisations or in partnership with others, to express interest in delivering this project. In brief, this includes:
• Conducting a climate compatibility audit of model village designs and implementation (in sample areas), and preparing recommendations for improving the integration of resilience building mechanisms within these
• Preparing hazard and vulnerability maps for target areas/locations in Punjab
• Developing customized guidelines for establishing climate resilient and low carbon reconstruction in different hazard zones of Punjab
• Capturing lessons from work to inform national policy processes
• Arranging workshops and meetings with key stakeholders to develop and present project outputs
The work will be commissioned through a restricted tender process and funded by CDKN. If you are interested in tendering, please express interest and you will receive the tender documents. We hope to appoint the contractor by June 2011 and this will be a rapid tendering process.
The email should include the following information:
• Subject line: Expression of interest: Pakistan flood resilience project
• Organisation/company name.
• A sentence confirming your interest in bidding for the work.
• The name of any partner organisations you anticipate that you will work with.
• A contact name(s), email address and telephone number for the most appropriate person(s) to send further information to regarding bidding.
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is 17.00 GMT on Friday 6 May 2011. Tender documents will be sent out the following week.
Your suggestions for other organisations that you believe should be invited to tender for this work are also welcome. Please send any suggestions to the contacts above.
Please note that any company that is already working with the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) in Punjab in such a capacity that would create a conflict of interest with the CDKN project will not be eligible
Picture: UN Multimedia