Regional agricultural policy: Review and prioritisation of policy issues and intervention areas for consideration under the SADC Regional Agricultural Policy
This series of 5 policy studies has been undertaken to guide the formulation of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) Regional Agricultural Policy (RAP). The studies aimed to strengthen the rationale of relevant policy issues, identify possible interventions in broad terms and prrioritise the policy issues and proposed interventions as related to food security and agricultural development.
They deal respectively with:
- production, productivity and competitiveness
- investment promotion, farmers’ incentives and institutional factors
- agricultural and rural finance, credit and insurance systems
- trade, access to markets and infrastructure
- social and vulnerability factors