Conditional Grants Scheme manual 2012
This manual explains how the Conditional Grants Scheme (CGS) works and how to apply for grants. State and local governments can apply to the CGS for funds from federal debt-relief gains to undertake projects to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). States and/or local governments must match federal government conditional grants with a 50% cash counterpart contributions.
The manual sets out:
- Institutional arrangements for the CGS at federal, state and local government levels,
- Roles and responsibilities for administering the CGS,
- Requirements and how to apply for CGS funds,
- Projects that can be funded,
- Financial and project management practices and procedures,
- Communication and branding requirements, and
- Guidelines for project monitoring evaluation and reporting.