A new global partnership: eradicate poverty and transform economies through sustainable development
The High Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda's report sets out a universal agenda to eradicate extreme poverty by 2030 through sustainable development. In the report, the Panel calls for the new post-2015 goals to drive five big transformative shifts:
- Leave no-one behind: we should move from reducing to ending extreme poverty, in all its forms.
- Put sustainable development at the core: immediate action is needed to slow the pace of climate change and environmental degradation.
- Transform economies for jobs and inclusive growth: more diversified economies, with equal opportunities for all, can drive social inclusion, as well as foster sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Build peace and effective, open and accountable institutions for all: peace and good governance must be recognised as a core element of wellbeing, not an optional extra.
- Forge a new global partnership: it should be centred around people and include civil society organisations, multilateral institutions, local and national governments, the scientific and academic community, businesses and private philanthropy.