PROJECT: Support to SIDS representatives on the GCF Board and facilitation of informal meetings
Project Reference: ADGL-0015
This project aimed to support Small Island Developing States (SIDS) delegates on the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Board with technical and strategic analysis. The key outputs include:
Work Package 1: Real Time Support at GCF meetings:
1. Participation at all board meetings scheduled for 2012. Including real-time support and assistance during the meetings, preparation of ad hoc briefings on issues evolving at GCF Board meetings as requested by SIDS Board Member(s), ad hoc provision of meeting notes of board – and board sub-committee–meetings.
2. Participation in and real-time support at GCF technical workshops.
Work Package 2: Support in the preparation of SIDS delegates for GCF Board Meetings:
1. Summary and synthesis of board member’s submissions prior to each board meeting scheduled in 2012.
2. Meeting report for each board session for distribution among SIDS constituencies and the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) finance negotiators.
3. Assistance in the preparation of SIDS submission to the GCF board.
4. Establishment and maintenance of a virtual information sharing platform (such as a closed-access web page) to facilitate access to board documents among SIDS constituencies.
Work Package 3: Policy Advice and Strategic support on SIDS priorities and other issues of the GCF work plan:
This work package consisted of briefing papers and on demand research deskwork on issues as requested by the SIDS delegates. Two specific briefing papers were identified before the first board meeting, with additional papers following as identified after the meeting and as requested by the SIDS delegates.
1. Briefing paper on legal options for the institutional arrangement between the Conference of the Parties (COP) and the GCF.
2. Briefing on arrangements between the fund and other bodies of the convention such as the Standing Committee, Adaptation Committee and Technology Executive Committee.
3. Maximum nine additional briefing papers/ on demand research deskwork on conceptual and procedural aspects of the Board 2012 work plan as identified and requested by the SIDS delegates.
Work Package 4: Facilitation of two workshop meetings that allow SIDS delegates to exchange views with their partners in an informal setting:
1. Organization of an informal workshop for board members and other interested Parties 22-23 March 2012 to enable SIDS and Least Developed Countries (LDC) negotiators to discuss their priorities in an informal setting (in cooperation with World Resources Institute (WRI), the Heinrich Boell Foundation and Oxfam).
2. Organization of an informal follow-up workshop for board members and other interested parties early 2013 to enable SIDS and LDC negotiators to discuss their priorities in an informal setting.
CDKN funding: £100,000
Project Manager: Leo Roberts