EVENT: Mobilising Investment for Low-Emission Development in Asia’s Agriculture Sector: Crop Production and Processing
Organised by the Asia Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) Partnership, the workshop will be hosted by the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment, with support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), the LEDS Global Partnership Working Groups on Finance and Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use, and other partners.
The workshop will be held on October 28-30 at Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. It is about sharing experiences; approximately 120 representatives from government agencies, public financial institutions, private sector investors and businesses, and development finance will discuss effective ways to mobilise investments in low-emission crop production and processing. Hands-on training will also be offered on priority topics identified by the participants.
Topics that will be addressed will include at the workshop include:
- Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) in Asia;
- Entry points for public and private finance for mitigation investments;
- Examples of policy and other instruments used by domestic and international public actors to mobilise investment, and showcasing of leadership by investors and businesses; and
- Emerging opportunities for public-private collaboration and scaled-up investment.
Expected outputs include:
- List of priority mitigation actions for scale-up in low-emission crop production and processing;
- Recommendations on how governments can strengthen policies to create more effective enabling environments for investment in these priority areas;
- Identification of public-private actions that can be taken to accelerate these investment; and
- How the Asia LEDS Partnership can help to advance implementation of the identified actions
More details on the workshop can be found at the ALP website:
If you are interested in attending the workshop, contact the ALP secretariat for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture Courtesy: nationsencyclopedia