JOB OPPORTUNITY: Project and Communications Assistant
Deadline for applications: 5th September 2014
CDKN, in partnership with the Overseas Development Institute (ODI), the UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues, is looking for a project and communications assistant to support the work of the Knowledge Management team, to communicate content effectively and influence development policy and practice.
Your responsibilities will include administration and expenditure tracking of knowledge management and communication projects. You will also provide support to the running of public events and will receive training in how to liaise with ODI and other partner organisations’ communications teams to ensure event and project announcements are up to date.
A key responsibility will be to manage CDKN’s newsletter subscribers list and monitor online services and publications.
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Experience providing administrative support in a project environment (essential)
- Experience tracking expenditure and reporting to donors (desirable)
- Excellent written English (to be tested as part of the applications process)
- Outstanding people skills and a friendly outgoing personality (essential)
- Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask (essential)
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure (essential)
- Record of writing blogs or newsletter articles (desirable)
- Interest in climate and development issues
Closing date: 5th September 2014
Interview date: Week commencing 15 September 2014
Contract: Fixed-term – until March 2016
Salary: £21,184 – £26,791pa
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 /0351 or email email@example.com.