OPPORTUNITY: Public Relations and Outreach Officer, Legal Response Initiative
Public Relations and Outreach Officer
This position is based at the Legal Response Initiative (LRI), and is funded by CDKN.
To extend our legal support services to new beneficiaries, in particular South American countries, strengthen our network of expert advisers and proactively promote the organisation’s activities in the lead-up to the 2015 climate conference, LRI seeks to recruit a Public Relations and Outreach Officer for (initially) 12 months at an annual salary of between £28,500 and £33,000 depending on experience.
As part of a small team of staff and volunteers responsibilities will include:
• Managing LRI’s image and brand;
• Promoting and raising awareness of the initiative and its work to a wide range of audiences;
• Organising outreach events and other meetings;
• Maintaining and updating the LRI website and advice database;
• Writing and editing leaflets, brochures, press releases, newsletters, websites and social media;
• Representing the organisation at events, conferences and exhibitions;
• Developing good working relationships with the media;
• Developing and implementing LRI’s media and public relations strategy;
• Strengthening and developing LRI’s network of beneficiaries and supporters;
• Communicating with and ensuring the continuous engagement of LRI stakeholders including volunteers, government delegations and law firms;
• Management and supervision of volunteers; and
• Attending UNFCCC meetings.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
• A degree in any subject;
• At least three years of relevant professional experience;
• Excellent communication skills in oral and in written English;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• The proven ability to create and maintain networks;
• Presentation skills;
• Right to live and work in the UK;
• Ability to travel outside Europe; and
• A high level of IT, WordPress and social media literacy.
• An understanding of the international law and policy making process on climate or another subject area;
• Excellent command of Spanish; and
• Some legal background would be an advantage.
Please email a CV and cover letter (each no more than two pages) setting out your motivations for applying for the position and how you meet the requirements above to: email@example.com
Please also provide details of at least two referees whom we may contact in the event that we offer you the position.
The deadline for applications is Monday 3 March 2014. Selected applicants will be called for an interview during the week commencing 17 March and be requested to complete a short assignment. Employment can start immediately.
LRI is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The position is funded by the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN).