EVENT: Sharing lessons on national low carbon action, 23 October
The focus of the discussions at the Sharing Lessons on National Low Carbon Action event will be on national action on climate compatible development. We will discuss insights from across CDKN and the LEDS Global Partnership, and consider particular country perspectives from Bangladesh, the Gambia, Peru, the UK and the USA.
Sharing lessons on national low carbon action
Overseas Development Institute and streamed live online
23 October 2013, 09:30 – 11:00 (GMT+1 BST)
The speaker panel will lead a lively and interactive discussion, and use the variety of country perspectives, to help explore;
- The enabling role of the finance sector and how conditions for private sector low carbon investment can be created.
- Approaches on national low carbon action in Least Developed Countries.
- How national low carbon action is being accelerated through multi stakeholder national planning approaches, international knowledge sharing, networks and think tanks.
The event is being hosted by CDKN, in partnership with the Low Emissions Development Strategies (LEDS) Global Partnership and the Overseas Development Institute. Breakfast will be served from 9-9.30am.
The LEDS Global Partnership now has more than 100 countries and international programmes as members. It conducts peer learning and training, information exchange, and technical cooperation and coordination at regional and global levels, to advance climate-resilient low emission growth.
- Dr. Atiur Rahman – Governor of the Central Bank of Bangladesh.
- Pa Ousman Jarju – Special Climate Envoy of the Gambia (TBC)
- Representative from UK Department of Energy & Climate Change
- María Paz Cigarán – General Manager of Libélula, Peru.
- Jennifer Morgan – Director, Climate and Energy Programme, World Resources Institute
- Ron Benioff – LEDS Global Partnership Secretariat Director