OPPORTUNITY: CDKN Rwanda Country Engagement Leader (CEL) (TAAF-0041)
CDKN’s overall purpose is to support developing countries to design and deliver climate compatible development. CDKN does this by providing a combination of advisory work, research and knowledge-sharing, tailored to countries’ needs. We are partnering with progressive national and local governments to design and deliver policies that combine low carbon, climate resilient, and inclusive green growth. We strive to deliver the highest quality technical advice, forge uniquely effective partnerships, and drive the latest and best thinking on climate compatible development.
CDKN is seeking to contract an individual who is resident in Rwanda as its Country Engagement Leader (CEL). Rwanda is one of CDKN’s deep engagement countries in Africa with a growing portfolio of projects. Due to the nature, size and diversity of CDKN’s engagement in Rwanda, we need a CEL who will act as CDKN’s representative with the Government of Rwanda, and represent the Government of Rwanda with CDKN.
The CEL will act as the engagement manager, building relationships between CDKN and the Government of Rwanda, the Department of International Development (DfID) in Rwanda and other donor programmes. The CEL will also advise on the strategic direction of CDKN’s work to ensure the continued success of its Country Programme in Rwanda. The CEL will also provide some technical expertise to the Government on climate compatible development (CCD) issues as needed, for example development of green villages and cities with specific focus on the integration of renewable energy, green growth, energy efficiency, technology transfer, waste management, etc.
This is a part-time position and it is envisaged that the CEL will:
- Be a “door-opener” with Government of Rwanda stakeholders, established through at least 7 years’ experience working in the environmental or climate change sectors in Rwanda;
- Have good stakeholder management skills and understanding of project cycles, gained through at least 4 years’ experience working on / managing medium sized donor funded projects (at least $50,000);
- Have existing relationships with the Ministry of Natural Resources, Rwanda Environment Management Authority and/or Ministry of Finance, together with a strong understanding of the intergovernmental relationships and dynamics in Rwanda;
- Technical expertise in an area of climate compatible development, for example renewable energy, green growth, energy efficiency, technology transfer, waste management, etc. would be preferred;
- Be familiar with the donor and academic landscape in Rwanda;
- Be resident in Rwanda;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
In order to express an interest in this opportunity, please complete the following 2 steps:
Send an email to the CDKN Procurement team (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the following information:
- Subject line: Expression of interest: TAAF-0041 – Rwanda Country Engagement Leader
- A sentence confirming your interest in bidding for the work
- Your name, email address and telephone number for purposes of receiving further information regarding bidding
You will receive an email from the CDKN Procurement team, including a Request for Quote document, a Non-Disclosure Agreement, a copy of CDKN’s Expense Policy and the CDKN Terms and Conditions. Complete the documents where relevant and submit these to the CDKN Procurement team (email@example.com) before the deadline stated below.
Both steps are to be completed and your documents, including the signed Non-Disclosure Agreement submitted by the deadline of 17.00 UK time on 22 April 2013. Please note, we will accept and respond to questions with respect to this opportunity and the associated documents provided they are received by CDKN Procurement before 17.00 UK time on 15 April 2013.